Saturday 26 March 2011

Does nature make you smarter?

I just read Jane's blog and I completely agree.
The environment in which we study does affect our learning. If you sit in a sterile room filled with noises, are you really able to take in new information?
How do I learn?
I have to admit, I often struggle to be motivated to sit down and study. especially when the weather is nice and I have to sit inside and look at my walls.
But do I have to? NO! I recently decided that I don't have to sit in the study. On a nice day I sit on the balcony and enjoy the sun. This has made it a lot easier for me to actually begin with my work.
And on a rainy day? Well what could be more inspiring than sitting on my couch with my work spread around me, cuddled up in a blanket and holding a cup of hot chocolate? (Besides the look on my partners face when he sees the mess in the normally clean living room ;) ).



So yes, I agree, the environment in which we study has a great impact on what we learn.
A challenge to create an inviting and innovating room for my class to learn to their full potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment