Saturday 5 March 2011

The beginnings

Hi everyone and welcome to my Blog! I'm a second year student at University and I'm studying primary education. After finishing school in 2004, I moved from Germany to Australia and I have been working in childcare since. I always wanted to be a teacher and when I was finally able to start uni in 2010 when I became entitled to Australian citizenship. I was extremely excited and also very scared, but it turned out to be the experience of a lifetime.

This is my first blog and I must admit that creating this as part of my course was an intimidating task, as I'm not particularly confident with this new technology. I have been familiar with the basic use of computers and the internet, such as using word and writing e-mails, but anything beyond that has always been daunting for me. I'm very excited about this course and I hope that it will help me discover some of the benefits this new technology has on teaching. I'm sure that this knowledge will help me become a better teacher who is in touch with modern methods of learning and teaching. I hope that this will help enable me to provide my students with fun and interactive activities to ensure that they will enjoy their learning.

1 comment: