Friday 3 June 2011

Stop it now!


Bullying has taken on a whole new dimension with today’s use of technology and I am very concerned about this topic as I’m not too sure on how to handle it.
Last week, I was introduced to a great website, cyberbullying. This site raises awareness to cyber bullying and educates students in an innovative and interactive way about the safe use of technology and what to do when being bullied.
I was amazed by the site and felt it is was useful to teach my future students about the topic. This site shows a good insight into bullying and would be a great asset to me as a teacher. However, it must be used in an educational context and can’t just be shown to the students without any explanations.
 Do however believe that everyone needs to be aware of cyber bullying in order for us to fight it. The best way to do this would be to educate yourself, the students and even the parents and guardians, and the site is a great start to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment