Saturday 4 June 2011

too cool for school

When reading the article “Too cool for school” by Mishra and Koehler it made me think about my own technology knowledge and attitude.
They suggest technology can and probably u be used in the classroom, but teachers have to know how to do this. To be able to integrate technology successfully, the teachers have to know a lot about the resources.
And that is where I can see the problem. How can I possibly integrate these new inventions if I don’t know much about them myself? Of course, I can always go to in services and educate myself via the internet, but for that to be affective, I completely rely on others and their knowledge, and I’m not sure if I would be able to educate myself sufficient enough to use that knowledge to teach my students.
Of course, it is definitely something I would like to achieve as I can see the educational benefits in me using technology; I’m just not sure if I, as a technology Neanderthal, would be able to keep up with my students.
Thanks to this flickrer

No comments:

Post a Comment