Tuesday 31 May 2011

My new Budd:e

When we got our first computer with internet in year 8, I was extremely excited but also worried. My parents had lectured me that being online is just like being in the city by myself and that there may be lots of security problems that we don’t know about yet. So when I set up my first email account, I ensured that I would use the highest security settings, just in case.
 This attitude has not really changed and to this day I’m always very conscious of what information I put on the internet, and joining facebook was a huge discussion for me as I was worried about sharing all my information with potential strangers.
So internet security has always been very important to me, and now that technology is becoming so big, I’m faced with being responsible for my future students’  internet security. Up until today, this was a huge concern for me.
But there is an answer. Like my fellow students Miss Kate, I have now discovered Budd:e, a site that teaches students how to use the internet safely. And I must say, after going through it, it has actually taught e a few things too.
Budd:e is a fantastic site that is very user friendly and engaging for primary school children. If this is used appropriately during my lessons, I think I might have a chance of making my students aware of safe internet usage.
 I just hope that they will take it on board!

No comments:

Post a Comment