Thursday 19 May 2011

10 days later and still kicking!

It is surprising, I know, but I survived my 10 days at prac and I have learned sooo much. I had the best time, being lucky enough to have had a very supportive teacher who believed in me.
During my prac, I have been able to teach all subjects, often with the use of the interactive smartboard. After initial trouble, especially during handwriting lessons, my self esteem was low. I was worried that I would never be able to use it effectively, but I was wrong... I have been able to explore and practise with it, refining my skills as I did so.
My students often spotted me in the classroom, half an hour before school started, practising extremely hard and amazingly, they came inside and helped me.
The next time I wanted to use technology, I wanted my students to create a digital story on " Living things". I had only created one digital story so far, and teaching it was a bit scary, but I decided to practise a bit at home, write down necessary hints and then just go for it.
With a few problems at hand, my students helped me out quickly.
 Here I was thinking that I would have to teach them everything and that I had to be perfect at using the smart board. But I was very wrong. My students seemed to really enjoy helping me and taught me many things, even before my lessons. So Thank you, 2H, for all your patience and help!

No comments:

Post a Comment