Sunday 3 April 2011

Teaching right around the world

Today we had a video lecture during class. Carmel joined our lesson and gave a speech about the use of digital stories in the classroom.
The experience got me thinking. Her appearance in the class definately added  to the lesson.
Could I use this in my own lessons?
I intend to teach my students German. How exciting would it be, if we could have a video conference with a German class who are learning English? Wouldn't it be the best way to use your language skills by speaking to a native speaker?
I'm fortunate enough to know some primary school teachers in Germany and I'm really looking forward to trying this new way of teaching  out.
A video conference could be like virtual travel overseas, providing students to use their language skills first hand. Especially in Australia, as you can't just get in your car and drive to another country just for lunch.
I'm looking forward to it!


thanks to this flickrer

No comments:

Post a Comment